Unknown Fish

mezzacam

He was given to me as a Burtoni male... but i personally don't think he is one, lol.

He looks nothing like my 2 Males at all, Besides maybe kind of similar body shapes.

He is about 14cm in size.

Here are some pictures.

user posted image

user posted image

Any help IDing this fish would be much appreciated. (Whether it is actually a Burtoni or not)

Cameron. smile.gif

As i said, He is 14cm, and he definately doesn't look like a young fish. lol.

Looks as though he is past his prime... Though he has really calmed down my Burtoni male. lol. But guess i'll have to remove him, and then figure out what to do with him...

Do di do di do.

Thanks for your help. smile.gif

Cameron.

it actually looks more like a poor quality flameback or nyereri i used to have a colony and they are almost the same only more red along the back

Deffinately not a flameback or a nyereri. Have a look at the brownae pics at scp and then have a look at this...victorians and here addicted2fish link Potsys are brownae, arj's most likely pundamilia punamilia and chuckmeisters the flameback or nyereri.

I would say this is almost deffinately a hybrid....could even be a burtoni/brownae cross since he did buy it as a burtoni and the females of both species look almost identical

cheers

Brett

Well, My friend told me that this shop had a massive burtoni male (The fish in question) and i hadn't been to the shop so i wasn't positive it being a Burtoni, But he said he was 100% it was a Burtoni (He has seen my males before) And he said he was sure about it, so i asked him to buy it for me because i wouldn't be able to get in to have a look at it... So yeah... When he brang it over, I was pretty sure straight off the mark it wasn't a Burtoni. Lol.

Oh well, Next time i'll definately go look at a fish first before buying it, lol.

Cameron.

Archived