Cyathopharynx furcifer Karilani Copper

Ben

Hi Everyone,

I know it’s a hard question to ask but I can't come up with a dollar figure that isn't greatly influenced by my love for these fish. I have three males and 8 females all breeding currently. They are great looking fish, see pictures below, and to get to the point I was asked if I would sell a trio or two.

Well I am thinking of selling two breeding trio’s but have no clue what to ask for them. So I would like to know what you all think they are worth. I am selling 2.5 to 3cm fry for $15 each when buying ten or more. 5cm Karilani are selling for $45 in a LFS. What do you thing a breeding trio would be worth?

Thanks for your advice.

furciferKarilaniCopper.jpg

DSCN0517.JPG

A few more pics.

hi last time I checked,(about 5months) the lfs up here had 15cm furcifer /foai for about $75 wholesale, soo whats that $150+ retail, maybe so expensive because they are slow growers.... but I think a trio, proven breeders would be worth lots maybe $300-500 just a guess..

Would have to agree with trofius proven breeders would be worth a lot more than the average fish..

I have seen 5-6cm ones on the wholesalers list for $75, i wouldve liked to have seen 15cm ones at that price ..

Mind you the ones on the wholesale list were vague about what type they were also :unsure:

Archived