st clause tetra, CAE, silver angel pics

enigma

Nice photos

Any chance of some tips?

I have the same camera and i was wondering what settings you use to take photos. Colour balance, mode, macro, flash etc...

I can manage to get good photos of still objects but i struggle to get anything good of constantly moving tetras and rainbows.

Thanks

Brett

thanks Brett. that's the one smile.gif

Btw here are some tips that work for me for those who are interested but remember i'm not a pro blush.gif

After all you have no control over the fish whatsoever so what you can do is to max other factors. Most basic and important factors that i have control over are:

- light. i keep plants so the tank is reasonably bright (3x30w over 3ft).

Replace old tubes with new ones if necessary. It means that flash is a no no for me.

- only take pic@night time. turn room's light off.

- good water quality. watch out for those floating particles. they will ruin your pic.

- clean glass inside outside.

- don't be afraid to use tripod.

that's all!

some tips about camera settings:

- you have to know how your camera works. read the manual if necessary (maybe it's just me dry.gif ) myself is still learning how to use it.

- i always use manual A priority & don't play around with other settings.

- ISO 64.

- higher ISO and combination of A & S priority are used only if i really need to (eg.fast moving fish).

- you can correct the light color balance using the photoshop.

- watch out for "Chromatic Aberrations". do further research on that. i didn't notice it before.

extra tips:

- do a lot of research/readings on photography related topics.

- learn and observe other people's photos. ask yourself what makes a simple object look extraordinary through the viewfinder of the camera.

- btw i've been picking up some tips here and there from Amano. He is an inspiration to me smile.gif

HTH

Archived