brochis

duck

im a big fan of cory tongue.gif ... now i see their big cousin brochis on the net and trying to get some of them as part of my collection wub.gif

are they hard to come by in sydney? what sort of $$ do i expect to pay for them?

thanks

B splendens are available just about all year from the w/salers. You should be able to get small captive bred fish for around $7 from your LFS if you ask. Large wild caught are going for about $75.

I have seen B multiradiatus and britskii on the odd ocasion in the last year or so so, but large, wild caught fish, and around the $150 mark.

You would need to be a keen collector!!!! Splendens is the smallest but best looking of the Brochis.

But there is an "Emerald green" C aeneus around, just as good looking and half the price of B splendens.

Alan

i saw splenden for $20 ~6-7cm few months ago and recently saw britskii for $45 ~7-8cm.

if britskii is not so-readily available in the shop, i guess $45 a fish is a good deal, can i keep them in a pair or they do better in a smaller group of 6? what is the best way to sex them apart from male being smaller than female?

the same shop has wild caught aenus for $8, are they just as easy to keep as tank bred aenus?

Archived