power loss

sycho zebra

i lost power yesterday too :|

tank dropped from 26° last night to 24.2° when i woke this morning...

hopefully it goes back up today while im at work, i checked the heaters this morning and they were both heating when i left.

how do people deal with longer power outages?

I also lost power last night, there was a huge storm in melbourne some of the worst weather ive seen but i only lost power for a couple of hours. Good thing to have handy during a balckout is a battery opperated air pump, you can get the little blue cheapies from AOA which arnt bad and are also good for transporting fish or if youve got a slightly bigger fish room ive seen a guy running an airpump off a car battery, in India and Nepal they run all the computers off car batttery`s cause its more reliable than the power supply! laugh.gif Cheers andy

laugh.gif If ya havent seen it already make sure ya watch the news tonight, melbourne got hit with the worse storm we have had in years! This morning the main road(kings way) into the city was 3ft under water not to mention the all of the trees i saw up rooted and covering the roads on the way to work, i had a mate on the westgate bridge freeway scince 6:30 and about 9:50 i gave him a call and he reckons he was lucky to have moved 100m, he hadnt even made it to the next exit yet! LOL So yeah was pretty wet and cold in melbs last night! thumb.gif Cheers Andy

no real need to worry about temp in summer. only really in winter. generally though anything over a hundred or so litres will have no troubles with slowly cooling down then slowly warming up once the heater is back on

Archived