Old favourites dissappearing?!

Mountainmark

I have noticed a decline in the numbers of some of the old favourite Mbuna recently. With the flood of new species that have come in it has seemed as though fewer of the old favs like rusties, crabros, and the like are going around. Is this just my perception or is it something we need to look out for. I mean as a hobby we have lost fish before and the old favs were and still are hopefully great species.

hi Mark

I have seen this happen... It will continue to happen....

There are many reasons why a once common fish becomes a rare fish... we can only all try do our bit

I have my common mbuna which are my favs and will pay top dollar for a common fish i like so long as its pure and good shape and color....

Mike

yes i hope that they dont disappear i kind of like the old crabro, and its interesting to see whats common in Sydney is not so common in Vic and i also did notice in quite a few lfs stores here in Vic that they have quite a few flower horns in various stores.

very funny DLT, but i do have my eye on some really nice plecos i saw at one LFS on Glenferrie Rd Malvern yesterday and they were cheap too , just too bad i only have a 2ft tank :lol:

welcome to Melbourne Sarah :D and yes as unfortunate as it is the flower horn are in may shops down here but to the flip side of that they have become very cheap and hopfully some time soon they become unpopular as the blood parrot and vanish :D

Archived