latex background

r.d.m

I have seen them built into the tank...and seen them put into a tank that was already built.

If you have the option it is better to put the backing in when you build the tank this will help prevent the water from getting trapped behind the backing and going "off".

However, liberal applications of time and silicone can overcome most obsticles. wink.gif

Hey RDM...

I have done this 2wice now and an have had sucess both time..

The one for my 4x2x2 was a pretty snug fit which required no trimming of the latex back ground..

On my 48x18x18 tank the background was a little big for the tank so a little trimming was required..

Silly me trimmed a little too much off. However I have filled in the gaps with gravel and off cuts from the trim.

I strongly advise you try and get the measurments spot on though cause you dont want fish dissapearing behind the wall..

yes it can be done , fitted it yesterdayand took your advice lep and measured it carefully before i trimmed it .it was like giving birth in reverse , with spectators commenting on "how are you going to get that thing in there" but a bit of pushing and shoving and in it went ,the fish being fronnies wernt bothered in the least and found the whole exercise amusing seeing how many of them could get behind it when it was half in,but now theyre cruising the overhangs and it looks awesome ,thanks for the help smile.gif

Archived