Malawi Hap: Copadichromis azureus

GTR73

I was thinking of getting a male Copadichromis azureus (if I can find a good quality one) to add to my all male display tank.

Can anyone provide advice on keeping one of these? huh.gif

http://cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=1008

I have a 4FT x 18" x 20" with the following:

a dominant male Venustus (7")

male Red Empress (6")

male Auolonocara Baenchi (4")

male Aulonocara Korneliae (4")

male Crabro (6")

2 unspecified male peacocks (3-4")

2 Red Forest Jewels (4")

Thanks.

not reall that much info I could give you that is different to keeping say an electric blue. they are an easy to keep fish, not highly aggressive, colour up beautifully and eat similar food to the rest of your fish. I dont think you will have any trouble adding one to your tank.

Let me know if you find any. Like you I wanted a couple for my display tank but could not locate any juviniles so have put a couple of juvinile e.blues in instead. Would be happy to swap over if anybody has some juviniles for sale (2-5cm) as they are supposed to be much less aggressive and just as beautiful.

the best place to pick one up would probably be the March NSWCS auction. there is always azureus going through, and usually at really good prices. that being said there is usually a whole lot of quality display fish going through.

the best place to pick one up would probably be the March NSWCS auction. there is always azureus going through, and usually at really good prices. that being said there is usually a whole lot of quality display fish going through.

What sort of prices would the display males go for at the auctions?

Archived