Filter pads

static

Hi,

Iam looking at building a trickle / mini reef type filter for my pond.

What have people used for filter pads? as I have looked in the lfs and these are quite expensive ( m2 pad ).

Is there a buget alternative?

Hi,

Go to Clarke Rubber - they will have foam that can be used in your filter (sump). Be careful not to get the type as I did the first time as it will disolve within weeks.

The correct type is a yellow, semi-fine foam approx 60mm thick. If you take your dimensions with you they will cut it for you on the spot.

Tell them what you want it for - they seem to get a few customers looking for this stuff and should know exactly what you are after.

Regards,

Chris

Hi,

Go to Clarke Rubber - they will have foam that can be used in your filter (sump). Be careful not to get the type as I did the first time as it will disolve within weeks.

The correct type is a yellow, semi-fine foam approx 60mm thick. If you take your dimensions with you they will cut it for you on the spot.

Tell them what you want it for - they seem to get a few customers looking for this stuff and should know exactly what you are after.

Regards,

Chris

Hi,

Regards,

Chris

Hi,

Regards,

Chris

Archived