T5's Anyone done them DIY yet?

grungefreek

Hey Guys, still havent got around to getting myself some new lights. At the moment im still going to CF's, but would like to Know if anyone has done any DIY T5 fluoros yet????

I dont even know if the parts are available (well ballasts are, pierlite stocks them) but i dont know bout bulbs and sockets. My local lighting wholesaler is no help, they didnt even know about Cf's (or PL lamps for that matter)

Yeah so any updates on the T5 situation in Aus would be great

I guess i would like to know thier availability and price comparisons over CF lighting. If u have the names of manafacturers of the parts needed as well as Product numbers for the bulbs,end caps,ballasts etc etc, that would be great.. Its hard for me to try research this stuff myself, as my local lighting wholesaler has no idea about anything other than normal fluoro's. sad.gif took long enough for him to find out i can order in CF lighting parts, and thats going to be over 3 weeks to order them in sad.gif

Sorry I took so long getting back to you. T5 electronic ballasts are $45 + GST These will run 2x14/21/28 or 35 watt tubes. The ballasts are made by Vossloh.

Their Website. They also make the G5 endcaps both normal and pushfit which I reckon are better for the DIY. You just mount the tube in the clips and then you can use the high polished reflectors.

Just as a matter of interest Osram have released a 39watt T5 6500k Ra>90 and puts out mean 2859lumens. Max 3325 at 25C. They are only 849mm long.

You can get all the parts from Lamp replacements. Not sure about the new tube but they have the 35watt 1149mm. approx $20. If you want to go with CF they have the parts for them as well.

Regards Martin

Archived