saratoga jardini

slinky

you should start your jardini on hikari food sticks asap

its cheaper than live food!

he may reject pellets in the beginning but in the long run he will eat the pellets

its a great balanced diet,then from time to time live crickets,meal worms prawns etc etc

good luck

As soon as i got my leichardti home that night he was smashing Tetra bits and he chomps any pellet I put in the tank now laugh.gif Kind of strange because the guy in the store said feed him bloodworms.

starve the fish for afew days then the sight of pellets would look good.and persistance is good 2

If he is not taking pellets then you have to use the starvation method. Give him a good feeding of bloodworms one day, dont overdo it though . tongue.gif Then you know from what point when his last proper meal was. Offer only pellets for 3 days. If you can keep your tank bare bottom then you can easily syphon out uneaten food with a piece of air hose. If not then do a water change every three days. The theory is that he will initially reject, but then as he gets hungrier he will realise there is no other choice. If at any point he takes a pellet into his mouth and then spits out thats great you know you are making progress. clap.gif

If he still has not eaten after 3 days then give bloodorms and pellets together. Then return to pellets only for another three days. The idea is to 'starve' the fish for few days then repeat the cycle. He should take after a couple of attempts. Just be careful and closely observe him during the stravation period you dont want it to become too malnourished. When he takes pellets gradually introduce bloodworms and other foods back into the diet. Good Luck thumb.gif

laugh.gif Kind of strange because the guy in the store said feed him bloodworms.

tats exactly what the guy told me to feed the jardini. LOL.gif

ill go out and buy hikari food sticks asap. thanks for replies people. thumb.gif

slinky

Archived