pictus cats

katanaone

Ive got four at around 9cms now. they are VERY active and kinda timid. they are relatively peaceful fish which wont cause too much troubles. ive got them in a community tank now, and they've been in there for quite some time now.

I feed them flakes, tiny sinking food, shrimp pellets, algae tabs. the lot.

What sort of conflicting information are you getting?

everybody you speak to or anywhere you look on the internet says they havnt been bred in captivity, but you see so many juveniles in lfs that i reckon someone somewhere is breeding them, the lfs's ive spoken to reckon they just order them from the wholesaler, but if they were wild caught i dont think theyd all be an identical size or so common, and for a common fish there expensive,ive had 2 for about 2 years one you described as "the biggest pictus ive ever seen" the other has not grown a single mm in all the time ive had it, they both eat the same amount, so i can only assume the big ones a female and the little one a male, but it is a mystery, but certainly they are a pretty fish and a welcome addition to any tank with tankmates too big to swallow,good luck with whatever you can find out thumb.gif

thanks for the quick reply, i was told at an lfs where i got them that they can only be kept in alkalinic water, on the net some say alkalinic some say slightly acidic.

i have them with some small gt's at about 7.4 at the moment.

Archived