Small Tank setup - Jebo or Aqua One

tfoster

I am looking at getting a small tank for the spare room and thought one of the many jebo or aqua one tanks with the powerhead and built in filters would work fine. Can anyone give me some advice if these types of setups. I was looking at an AR680 i think or similar jebo unit. Most of these have the curved front corners.

I'm only looking at 3-4 small fish.

Cheers

Tim.

these tanks seem to sell well (mostly for the kiddies) and they seem to work fine, in the old lfs i used to worked at the owner had made it into a saltwater setup by adding a sponge filter. it only had 2 clown fish(look mum it's nemo, can we get a nemo...very clever advertising if you ask me laugh.gif ). i have found that most people use the tank for goldfish but some go for a small tropical setup. it would look good on an office desk. one thing you have to consider is that it is a very small tank, i know that i would get bored with it sooner or later and get something larger, if you think that you would be the same save yourself the hassle and get a larger tank now instead.

cheers mate

Thanks. I may look at getting a larger tank all depends on how much i can afford. Are the built in filters sufficient or should i get another filter with these setups.

I am unsure what type of filtration i should be using. Do the types of cichlids you have require certain filtration. IE under gravel etc. Or should i be looking at a canister type filter and a powerhead?

Sorry for all the basic questions but havent had a chance to buy a cichlids book yet.

CHeers

Tim.

Tim,

Different people will have different views, but IMO you should look at what fish do you want to keep first before deciding on the tank size and filtration.

The type of fish (and also the number) will dictate the set-up that you will have.

Whether the builtin filter is sufficient or not it depends on the type and number of fish.

Please do research on the type of fish that you would like to keep.

HTH.

Charlie

I have an Aqua One tank in which I kept a pair of Pelvicachromis subocellatus but found it did not suit the fish or my needs. Gave the tank to my wife to use. Who promptly put in Red Cap goldfish, much to my kids delight. I agree with reddevilman buy a 2 foot tank as it is more practical.

Gerard

Tim -

These tanks are nice with Neolamprologus multifasciatus smile.gif. Any interal sponge filter will work fine... fluval used to make some nice internals - but I'm not sure if they still do. Alternatively a plain old corner filter (behind a nicely placed rock) will do the trick!

HTH -

Archived