Kingsizei 'lupingu'

MikeWs Fish

Got my first lil MF! One of the smaller girls has prolly about 8-12 eggs (from the size of her and the smallness of the buldge)

After initally thinking my male was asexual, he has proved me wrong, and very quickly so! He's still displaying around around his rock. He's got good reason to be excited, with about 11 girls in his tank!

Thanks Andy,

Its always a really good feeling when you get your 1st few spawns for each species. Ive wanted lupingus since i first layed eyes on them about 1yr ago. Its only now i have the confidence to spend that much on a fish and can justify it by breeding similar species sucessfully.

And i got a mouthful after 2 days tongue.gif

I think the male is taking a breather... Not as willing to breed today as he was yesterday! I know i have about 7 females which have been without a male for some time. Now its just a matter of harvesting them. I was kinda hoping/expecting a second mouthful today but oh well. I'll let them take their jolly time.

Umm Paul, how many males and females do u have? Have u sexed them?

you dont wanna swap a male for a female? You might have better luck with them holding. Males harass females alot even when they already have eggs. Its natures way to ensure that the majority of the eggs get fertilized. Sometimes on the way the females get stressed and swallow and spit too early etc.

also what size tank are they in? by themselves?

They are in a 4x2x2 display with my mpanga & a few odds/ends.Milked them once,dismantling the tank was fun.But he was shooting blanks.I only have 2 tanks now as we filled the fish room with a little boy,so I happily let my fish do they own thing.If i decide to part with them I will let you know.

Paul

Archived