New 6ft Tank. What fish should I get?

Lex

I'm going to get a new 6ft tank setup soon and is just wondering if anyone have any ideas what kind of fish should I put into the new setup. I currently have 4x 6 bar frontosas all over 10cms which would be moved into the new tank. Anyone have any suggestions what other fishes should I keep with these fronties?

Also how many fishes should be kept in a standard 6ft tank, I dont want to over stock. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Alex

With regards to stocking your new tank. Over stocking might be good depending on what type(s) of fish you plan to keep..

Fish that would suit going with fronties would be other fish from Tanganyika or Malawi..

What type of filtration are you going to be using and how many litres is the tank?

hth

I dont know how many litres it would be but the tank would be 74x24x18 using canister filters. As for the type(s) of fish, I was intended to setup Tanganyika tank but I have heard from other people that it wouldnt be wise to put some of the small fishes with the large frontosas. Any suggestions of what kind and size of Tanganyika or Malawi fishes should I get?

Cheers

even though they don't get very large I believe Altolamprologus compressiceps or A calvus would work, so long as the fry you get aren't small enough to go into a ~10cm fronny's mouth.

I believe Fins is selling some atm between 3-3.5cm, they should be big enough - check out the classifieds

Archived