Pics Of Female Deltas

polit

Hey, Im getting some pics uploaded of my deltas soon. To tell the difference though its kinda like a wedge shape tail. The spread will be bigger than the normal female tail. But ill get you some pics wich will make it easier for you. A picture tells a thousand words, :D

Thanks

Mitch

Female bettas usually seldom show the genetics they carry. Phenotypically they are almost identical to the veiltails. There are cases where for instance, in HM females, the end rays of the fish bend outwards which allows the tail to spread a 180degrees.

In most cases, a delta/superdelta female cannot be told apart definitively, so you have to trust your vendor and if they turn out to be veils..... ;): ;) Best would be to get tried and tested delta females from breeders or a sibling spawn of your male.

In the world of betta breeding, 'inbreeding' is the norm. They can be bred for over 6-9generations b4 they need to be outcrossed. Show grade bettas from IBC breeders sold as pairs are usually sibling pairs. This way, their genetics are quite well established and u always know what u're going to get in the next spawn..... breeding linebred bettas is all about predictability.

Have a look at this Canadian site at their female HM bettas.... Try telling them apart from a veiltail female. (Would be very hard!)

http://www.bcbetta.com/stock.html

I personally buy all my betats from Atlantis Aquarium for many reason really.

firstly their prices are very good and pretty hard to beat and also the mayor point they have the best stock! If you after some be sure to check thme out first.

They are gettn some CT females next week so yeh better buy them b4 i get them all!

cheers

Richard

Archived