Albino bristlenose

illusn8

Hi, I have a small breeding colony and i have fry at the moment clap.gif but only 2cm. I have already got people ordering them off me when they get to 3.5-4cm.

Albino bristlenose are great looking catfish in my opinion and are well worth keeping......... thumb.gif

Brad smile.gif

It is shocking how the price have dropped........ people that bought them early last year probably kicking themself right now.........

Alan you said $50-$60 what was the size??????

and anyone with suggestion on what is the suitable price for 2cm ones????

The albinoes available here are a good size 3 - 4 cm SL.

There were a lot of 2 - 3 cm albinoes around 3 or 4 months ago for $70 to $100 I got some then myself, and I know two other people who did at the same time. All of us have lost 50% or more of the small ones we bought. All of us experienced breeders with fair sized fish rooms.

I have always maintained that BN , even commons do not move or travel well at under 3 cm SL,,,,and albinos seem to be even worse.

I wouldn't consider selling at less than 3 cm SL (3 - 4 months old)

Alan

What i mean is a 50% loss rate on local bred fish is not acceptable. Yes I have 100% losses on imported stuff. But then I have also had 100% survival at times.

Depends on the age and condition of the stock.

My advise is don't sell fish too young (12 weeks minimum) or you are looking at a lot of unhappy customers

Alan.

Archived