Filtration for Bristlenose tank

bojulabah

I have several tanks (4') with b/n set up with subgravel filters and also canister filter with carbon / charcoal bags (Ehiem). I am finding however that feeding large amounts of vegetable matter (especially zucchini), causes the plastic tubing to clog very quickly and needs cleaning every second or third day - flow rate drops down toa dribble. If I don't use the cannister filters, the tanks cloud quickly.

What do others use for their raising and breeding tanks?

Pickle.

if the tubes on the canister are blocking up that quick, just imagine what the ug filters would look like after a week. sadsmiley02.gif

i also use large corner box filters, backed up by canisters if the load gets high.

i also do frequent water changes to keep the debris under control.

they may be humle and live in a sewer, but they don't choose to do so. blink.gif nice clean water with a bit of flow suits them fine. thumb.gif

cheers; Colfish

yes they do indeed like a bit of water movement. try not to leave vegetable matter in the tank for too long, if using zuchinni replace it every 8 or so hours so that it doesn't become mush(technical term laugh.gif ). another thing you can use a bit of filter wool over the intake pipe of the cf but you will have to remove and replace it often.

Archived