New tank for spawning Kribs.

Jester

Hi all.

Im about to set up a new 2ftr. 2ft buy 1ft and 50cm high. Its a new home for my spawning pair of Kribensis and I just wanted to find some placid friends that wont interupt the spawnig process. I also want to add some plants.

Any idears or past experences would be great.

Merry x-mas and have a happy new year. Jesse cool.gif

I dont think you will have much luck putting anything else in with them if you have a spawning pair. The male would be far too aggro when protecting his brood when they breed. The only thing i could think of is some pepermint (or common) bristle nose or corydoras and have the kribs as the centre piece of the tank.

Anthony thumb.gif

• 3 weeks later...

my success has been limited to bristlenose as they can look after themselves, partially nocturnal and are very geed at hiding. My kribs killed everyting else once they started breeding.

my neighbour has about 100 guppies in with 3 spawning pairs of kribs in a standard 4ft tank. i popped over the other day and found 2 separate pairs guarding 7mm fry outside caves at opposite ends of the tank.

the last pair was cleaning out another cave and the female was very fat. presumably eggs.

so i reckon guppies would be fine. smile.gif

• 1 month later...

I would suggest some fast swimming dither fish to keep the kribs alert....tetras,white clouds or danios but not too many in a 2 foot tank.

I have trio of pencil fish , Black Phantoms and a pair of corys in with mine.

They provide something to look at if the kribs are hiding!

Archived