Greshakei spawn. It finally happened.

Lepperfish

good stuff, they are an awesome fish. Its always interesting when you catch them in the act. I once caught a vidio clip of a he/she (male that turned female) spawning with another female, was funny to watch as both of them were dropping eggs and picking them up. Congrats on the spawn and i hope the bubs survive for you (if you intend to raise them).

Anthony thumb.gif

PS: I see that syno getting in on the act, do you have more syno's in there? What type of syno is it?

Yeah I got some video clips of it all aswell..

Its a featherfin catfish - synodontis eupeturus.

I have also got some multipunctatus in there as well..

I do intend on raising the fry... thumb.gif

not trying to rain on your parade here mate but my greshakei male has no vertical stripes at all when he breeds. just a really nice light blue colour. when they get the stripes it shows some history of red top black bar in them, at least that is what I am lead to believe. feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

not trying to rain on your parade here mate but my greshakei male has no vertical stripes at all when he breeds. just a really nice light blue colour. when they get the stripes it shows some history of red top black bar in them, at least that is what I am lead to believe. feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I got the greshakei from fixem of this forum who assured me they were high quality speciemens..

If you want to know more about the adults or that ask him..

My male has always had nice bars on him.. And so has my female.

Archived