urgent help needed

trent

hey everyone i need some urgent advice regarding one of my acei tanzania just this moring i went down to feed them and noticed that one has an extremely inflamed eye which is whte what causes this and what can i do to fix this please help

I had a milky white glaze film over my salmon tail cats eye a while ago. Concluded it was likely to be bacterial. Had Melafix, but rather than nuke the whole community I just added salt to the tank each day for about 3 days....all gone. Salt is great for healing small wounds too.

Melafix is the way to go...samething happen to my eblue and all fixed. Melafix will not harm your fish or your filter bacteria at all...by no means is it "nuking" your tank. Salt will do just as much damage as melafix (which is pretty much none) if not more.

Its up to you though...salt is cheaper laugh.giftongue.gif

HTH

cheers

Brett

Salt will do just as much damage as melafix (which is pretty much none) if not more.

How do you figure? Im not tryiing to strart something, Im genuinely curious. I believe salt is a natural remedy while chemicals are compunds which fish do not naturally come into contact with. Either way I own both and would use the chemical method/s depending on the severity of the problem. Water testing prior to any treatment should be carried out trent. thumb.gif

melafix is natural mate...pretty much tea tree oil so there is no "artificial" chemicals. I am not saying salt will do damage or anything. Also, although there is some salt in the lakes...the amount that us aquariasts' put in is alot more so it is just as natural for the fish as melafix.

This is just my opinion. As you said it also depends on the severity of the wounds...more minor scratches etc i like to use salt but on cloudy eyes, fin splitting etc i prefer to use melafix...i find its more effective.

cheers

Brett

BTW i am not having a go at ya but salts are chemical compunds laugh.gifthumb.gif....NaCl, KCl ...just like melafix is a compound (just a little more complex) tongue.gif

Archived