Help QUICK!

efc01

Well my 4x2x2 has decided to die on me and the front glass panel has a huge crack from top to bottom??

All the fish are out and the leak is slowing to a drip every so oftern.

Is there a way of repairing the tank at all or am i in craP?

Thanks in advance

Nick

if you want to fix it, depending on how severe the crack is, the first thing to do would be to get all the water out. you dont want a soggy carpet.

take out all the ornaments and gravel.

let it air dry or get a hairdrier for faster results.

you could try to silicone a separate piece of glass over the entire crack.

make sure its completely dry before applying silicone.

i did the same thing for one of my tanks and it doesnt leak anymore.

good luck

I dunno about other people but if the crack is that big i would be at least getting a new front panel put on. Same thing happen to my 3ft earlier this year...a crack the whole way along the back. I didn't think it was worth fixing so i bought a new tank.

If it is not your fault that it happened...check your house insurance, that might cover it....but i am really not sure.

cheers

Brett

Well the thing is that i made the tank and it is a ply-wood and glass tank so that means that the front panel of glass is glued into the wood so replacing the panel means ripping the tank apart.

It is a large crack running the width of the front pane.

Will siliconing the crack help at all???

Lucky it was not during school or i might have lost the lot.

Cheers

Nick

the onlyadvice i can give is that the tank is the cheapest part of the whole setup,buy or borrow 2 blue plastic drums , empty the tank into them and save the water, drop in a heater and filter and the fish will last indefinately, then tomorrow start ringing around you should be able to pick up a 4x2x2 for under $200, good luck

Archived