Brichardi Tankmates

benno

Hey as most of you all know i hope to set up a tank for either brichardi or daffodils. Ive gathered up most of the info about keeping them but i still dont know what to keep with 1 pair in a 4 foot tank. I was thinking of somthing that does not live the same as bricihardi and does will not interfere with how brichardi live. Thanx Benno :huh:

Hey elise, cyprochromis are big $$$ here in Adelaide. What about somthing like N. Transcriptus (Not sure but maybe someone can say wether they would be fine).

Anthony :huh:

If you do add another fish I'd recommend a shell dweller.

Position a rock pile at one end (for the brichardi) and a pile of shells at the other. Make sure you have plenty of shells. The advantage of shellies is that the brichardi wont fit in the shells :(.

HTH -

Yew, would it be possible if i could get some scientific names of these shell dwellers please as i have no experience whatsoever with africans this would be greatfully appreciated. Also some prices would also be of help as i live a fair way from any decent fish shops so i cant exactly go just for a browse i have to know if the shop has any of the fish i want because the closest fish shop to me that is worth calling a fish shop is about 25km away. Thanx for the replies guys Benno :(

Lamprologus meleagris

Lamprologus ocellatus "Gold"

Neolamprologus brevis

Neolamprologus multifasciatus

Neolamprologus similis

Those are the most commonly kept shellys.....atleast here in the states. Not sure whats available over there.

Archived