EOI Seachem salts and buffers. Update

Ben

Hi all,

I am looking at getting a 20kg bucket of Seachem Cichlid Lake Salt and a 20kg bucket of Seachem Lake Tanganyika Buffer. However, I don't really want this much so I am after expressions of interest in sharing with myself, Andy and Steve.

We are looking at around $25 per kg for either type. Normal price is around $46 per kg.

Here is a link where you can read all about these products. Seachem home page.

Pickup will be from Toronto or Castle Hill.

If anyone is interested please post here or PM or email me.

Thanks

Hi Ben,

Following are the water parameters:

PH = 7.6

GH = 80ppm

KH = 110ppm

I am going to add some limestones into the tank tomorrow, so the GH and KH would be increase slightly. By the way what is the best PH, GH and KH for malawi (mbuna species)?

Just in case if I cannot reach the required water parameter, can I order the salt and buffer from you later?

Regards,

Tony

Water temperature should be 23-28oC, so a middle value of 25-26oC is probably ideal. At the lower end of this scale, the fish may be less aggressive, but also less active and less inclined to breed.

The general hardness in Lake Malawi is around 7 degrees GH. The carbonate hardness is around 10-12 degrees KH, which leads to the higher pH values measured - in the region of 7.8-8.6.

Thanks anyway Ben. I'll buy 2kg of the malawi buffer Ben. If you are going to order some salt, I'll buy 2kg as well.

Where can we meet? or can you bring them with you when you are comming to sydney? I can meet you anywhere on your convinience.

Regards,

Tony

Archived