LP-60

Cichlid_KB

I just set up my LP-60 finally.

To make all the individual airstones work u have to block the end of the tubing that you are using, otherwise the air just goes out there.

I remember someone saying something about the back pressure and reading about it in the instructions. If i block the end of the tubing would that be bad for the pump, or do i have to make sure all the air is being used?

I realise that probably doesnt make sense but i cant explain it any better

ANy help appreciated

KB

Hey KB,

Has the pump got a control on the volume of air available.

If so, get you air stones in place and dial up the amount of air you want in the tanks.

But start the pump from the lowest volume and slowly dial up. I'd only be worried if from the lowest setting the stones are already going nuts with air.

cheers

glenn

hi KB

it would be helpfull to know how many air stones you are running.

if the pump has no air volume control and you are not using all the air produced, then you must bleed off excess air. failure to do this will result in your pump running too much back pressure, causing it too become noisy[rattling] and the premature failure off the diaphram. for a bleed off valve, simply add a 4mm tap at the end of the air line and adjust the flow so the air stones just slow a little. you should also notice the pump quieten down also. HTH

cheers; Colin

hey Cichlid_KB

ive got an lp40 and when i started using it i used the 12 outlet disperser supplied with it. I left one of the 4mm outlets open to allow air to bleed off, the other outlets i looped back on each other except the ones i was using. With only a couple of tanks at the start, the air hissing out was a lot louder than the pump but as i added more tanks to the system the hiss quietened down quite a lot. As an alternative if you are using a pvc or poly reservoir pipe i would suggest a dropper line on it at the end furthest from the pump and put a tap at the bottom of the dropper. By doing this you can bleed off excess air through the tap and when you have no more excess air you can use it to bleed condensation from the line.

Bob

Im glad u all understod wat the hell i was trying to say.

i have probably 30 lines coming off it, im using the garden irrigation hose stuff, i ran it the length of the wall and then back again for the lower tanks.

I put the 18 way brass valve at the end with a few taps open to bleed the excess air. Does that sound ok? It isnt noisy nor has it ever been.

So it would make more noise if their was some back pressure there?

ALso the tubing is a little hot. Is that normal?

KB

LP-60 is a great pump by the way. Heaps of air.

hi KB

yep all sounds good. the tubing will feel warm, the pump is sending out hot air.

don't go looking for back pressure, you don't need it.

i'm sure it will do the job for you, i'm still considering my options for a pump. i need about 2x as many that you have.

cheers; Colin

Archived