Aulonocara Lwanda Variants

j.s

Hey all,

Here in Melbourne all variants are sold under the one name Aulonocara Lwanda without any locational classification. Because of this, its likely that most are mixtures of both Hai Reef and Chiwindi variants. But recently I got my hands on some "supposed" F1 Lwanda, so if they are actually F1, there would be a good chance that they are either from Hai Reef of Chiwindi. The question is, how do I tell which variant they are?

Cheers

JS

massive edit:

Tuff question.......I've been surfing around looking.......i now have no idea :(: I thought i did before.......

lwanda - Chiwindi by Ad Konings You'll need to copy/paste this url into a new window.

http://www.fishhead.com/cgi-bin/showimg.pl...ndi,+Mozambique

lwanda hai reef by Ad Konings

Wild cought from Tanzania.....presumably Hai reef

And both very similar to Aulonocara stuartgranti Chiwindi

This page may be some use when it's complete

Best of luck

Matt

The photo from cichlids au is from Hai Reef.It was one of the first that came in 1996.The Hai reef variant I believe has more yellow in the tail and as it gets older the yellow gets more bolder.There were some Chiwindis in Sydney .The colour bands were not as wide and yes the colour was a more reddish orange than yellow and were a little deeper in the body

Regards

Aussie

Thanks for the replies, I also thought the same thing: Chiwnidi = more orange, Hai Reef = more yellow, but after seeing some pictures on the african diving website it made me think twice.

Aulonocara sp. "Lwanda - Chiwindi":

aulonocara_lwanda_chiwindi_2.jpg

Aulonocara sp. "Lwanda - Chiwindi":

aulonocara_lwanda_chiwindi.jpg

Aulonocara sp. "Lwanda - Hai Reef":

aulonocara_lwanda_hai_reef_2.jpg

Aulonocara sp. "Lwanda - Hai Reef":

aulonocara_lwanda_hai_reef_16.jpg

They all look orange to me ? :huh: ? Is is possible that Africandivingltd.com has got it wrong?

Archived