L. nkambae

wormboy

I had a look at the Sydney cichlid page list of rare chichlids for a few ideas on cichlid species needing breeders.

I looked up L. nkambae and thought that might be worth a shot, has anybody got any, or have any advice for keeping them?

My gut feeling is that they would be similar to L. elongatus.

Yeh pretty much the same to breed as L.elongatus .Get quite a few in a large area remove the ones that are copping a really hard time you'll hopefully have a good pair and of you go.Cave spawner probably not bad to give them Malawi aggression targets.

Regards Chris

Worm -

I have one I juvenile (6cm or so) I might be interested in selling. Contact me via email.

Not that this is a reply to an ad wink.gif

My advice is simple: big tank, lots of hiding holes and let them pair themselves up smile.gif

HTH -

Thanks for the advice guys and YeW for the offer, but I notice you are on the East coast. Wont it be a little difficult and probably pricey to get a singe fish over to the Perth?

Cheers anyway thumb.gif

BTW, plenty of holes is not a problem but how big is a big tank?

Worm

Hi Brett/Worm -

I think thats because they are so good at killing each other LOL!

It is hard to make babies when you are busy beating your wife (at least that has been my experience of them).

Stunning fish (shame they are so aggro!!).

Sorry Worm - I thought you were over east wink.gif.

HTH

Cheers every one,

Chris, I just found them in Vebas a couple of days ago, nice healthy looking fish and good to see they are from a local breeder! I also saw them on a BF list but I dont know how big they are (hopefully I can get a new bloodline to mix with yours and save inbreeding). I will hopefully pick a few up over the next few days. I will see how everything goes but I may be picking your brains RE spawing the beasties in the months ahead.

4ft large with lots of visual barriers will have to do, I'm a bit reluctant to put a fish in my 8 ft that will more likely than not kill everything else!

Ta for the advice all, I will let you know how it goes.

Worm

Archived