Medication

noyd

Metronidazole or Clout are the 2 best meds to have on hand thumb.gif not easy to find but if u ring around your sure to find some - if u have trouble finding them let us know

Clout is definately still being made.

The problem, for us, is that it is a restricted import meaning the LFS can no longer import it, neither can the Vet, neither can you(via Post).

But it can still be got. wink.gif

Dude at your LFS was BS'ing you in order to sell you what he had rather than tell you he didn't know why he couldn't get Clout.

HTH

I bought some Metronidazole and was told to use 1 gram per 50 litres, is that like half a tea-spoon? And should I add it straight to the tank or mix it in some water then add to tank?

Cheers

Hi noyd,

Sounds like you bought some dimetronidazole from Auburn aquarium. If it is, i bought a digital scale and one level teaspoon is roughly 4g. Probably worthwhile investing in an accurate scale so that u dose your precious fish properly. I have been experimenting with twice daily dosing as recommended on an American forum due to metro having a short halflife of 8hrs.

Dave

I would imagine that if you tried to bring anything that was Powder form or tablet form back through the airport and were caught you could land yourself in some serious trouble and its a long way to go for fish medication  LOL.gif

Cheers

Stuart

This is absolute rubbish as I have gone through airports a few times with these medications with no problem. As long as you tell the guards what they are, there're no issues. I have even had sniffer dogs sniff them out at one stage and they didn't even blink once. Having said that, I normally only bring enough medications for a few treatments ie. not in saleable quantity.

Would anyone recommended treating a tank with bloat using epsom salt aka magnesium sulphate along with metro? I know it's good to clear out their digestive system, but what about the 'healthy' fish in there?

I was told I should use it, 1 teaspoon per 10 litres, just thought I'd check up with you guys.

Cheers

This is absolute rubbish as I have gone through airports a few times with these medications with no problem.
Ummmm tried lately have you matey wink.gif all i said was in todays day and age with all the heightened security you might come under some close attention and being a long way to go for fish medication is certainly not absolute rubbish dry.gif

Cheers

Stuart

Archived