American Tank

gswalker

I have an oscar and a pair iof convicts in with my two GTs and they have been together for a year and are doing great absolutely no aggression. Btw the tank is 5 foot as well. I think that people believe that convicts are very aggressive and a pair will tear up any fish in a tank but my pair have lived with all sorts of cichlids and none have suffered at the hands (or fins) of my two convicts. P.s they are both fully grown as well.

Benno :D

Try these: Archocentrus sajica, Copora nicaraguensis, Gymnogeophagus balzanii, Geophagus brasiliensis, Geophagus surinamensis, Severums, Festivums, Firemouths, Uaru and you could put in lace gourami, silver dollars or Semaprochilodus taeniurus

Good luck

Alistair

Great selection of fish but I think you'll find that your green terrors and texas cichlids are going to progressively get a lot more boisterous and aggro than your balzani and steindachnari redhumps (as well as a lot bigger)

They'll probably get along OK as juvies but as they mature you'll have some problems. Balzani and redhumps are both reasonably placid bottom grazing eartheaters (although I've had redhumps who could be pretty feisty) whilst both Texas and GT are very territorial. Just my experience.

Good luck

Nick

I would tend to agree with Gcichlid and citypainter, festae has no place in any tank except as a pair or with other more robust cichlids, trimacs, devils etc. the Geophagines shouldn't be housed with the other aggressors, your longimanus and salvinis will go well as long as they are of size but as Gcichlid stated you will have problems when the texas gets bigger. I think nic's would be a great addition to that tank!

Sorry mate but there is no way all of those fish will be able to live in your tank togther, firemouths may work but u could prolly only have to and nuthin else this goes if you choose salvinis 4 nics will work and just say no to the black belt these are just too big and bad for the GTs to handle. so you could really only put one or two of the medium size americans. But you would be able to hose about 4 nics id imagine. Hope this helped. Benno :D

Archived