aqua one tanks

midnightexpress

I've an AR-620 which I bought from a LFS for $360 including the stand - this is about $150 cheaper than all other providers in Canberra - thats his everyday price so the markup in the other shops is pretty huge - shame! shame! shame!

I've some electric yellows, BN and some Foai (currently dither fish but they'll need their own tank soon). Super quiet, no leaks, looks great. The yellows have bred so they're certainly happy with it. Wife wants another one so she can have a matching pair on either side of the sideboard - its all good LOL.gif

I've been looking at the Aqua one R2 150, and Jebo equiv, the cheapest I'm looking at is $2600! So I'd be looking to travel to get a tank, what store would you recomend to me? I would be looking at Canberra/Melbourne preferably but would look at Sydney too. Thanks!

i have had a aquaone 4footer for about a year ot 2 now and i think there great especially as a display tank but to address what everyone else has said yes they do scratch easily much 2 my annoyance but i have found useing a razor blade does a pretty good job just dont get anything caught between it and the glass and start from the bottom to top in one motion not back and forth or side to side when it starts to rust a bit chuck it and get a knew one

Filtration i dont think much of the powerhead it does seem to hold on to itsa efficency for long so to help the filtration along i put in a resun 2000l powerhead with 2 filter canisters under it to help it a long which seems to be doing the trick for me and as for the cosmectis of ti i hid the filter behind a tree trunk

all in all i think there a fantastic looking tank with the feature curves which i think are magic everyone who sees it loves it thumb.gifwub.gif

• 4 months later...

I'm on my 3rd AquaOne tank......first one was an AR380 which I kept 3 eYellows in, traded up to an AR620 which I popped a couple more fish in and i've gone up again in the last few months to an AR980.

I found the overhead filter in the 980 wasn't quite as good as i'd hoped but have rigged up a Fluval 304 by using a holesaw to cut two holes in the back of the hood. Worked a treat.....

To summarise, I like their tanks.....smile.gif

Archived