Crypts Id

hungsta

I have bought some crypts and the LFS do not lable them, i have notice this around alot.

Is there a chance that these are hybrids? since most of them are labelled 'assorted' are the LFS just lazy to label them.

I have one type thats is about 5cm leave length and it is reddish brown and it is full grown.....the leaves are typical (i.e. not spade-like,curvy or anything)

the new leaves are green and turn reddish brown as it grows.

Hope someone can help.

If someone lives close by i can come and show you.

Hey hungsta,

I have one of these sorts too, I've had mine for about 1 1/2 years and I still dont know exactly what sort it is. Really good plant though, tough, easy to grow and look after etc. Mines grown so much I now have four of them.

So sorry I cant help with the naming of it, I can assure you that your purchase was well worth it.

Luke. :lol:

Just guessing from your rough description but sound very much like one of the C wendtii forms. There 4 common 'forms' of this species, it is tough for a crypt, adapts to differing water conditions without "crypt dieback" typical of some or the rarer more expensive species.

This is just a guess but as this species is cultivated by the acre by proporgators in mist tunnels it is the most likely crypt to be found ib your LFS.

Alan

Archived