Forum question

Nigel

Nigel,

For now you are stuck with it.

The aim is to provide greater integration with the SCP homepage :D.

If enough ppl do not like it I will look into some skins that do not have it.

Huyey -

My plan is to have the choice of a few skins (that option will be incorporated in one of them). It is simply me finding the time to finish them.

The sidebar as it stands will be the default view - but hopefully by the end of the week you'll have one or two "skins" to choose from if you do not like the default :D.

Thanks Nigel - I'd glad you approve of the new sidebar :wub.

You'll have to wait for the skins ;):. I'm quite fond of the sidebar (obviously) I think the forum as it was, was too separate from the SCP proper.

The sidebar brings them closer.

Alex -

The colours were a mistake I made ;) - however, they will be available as part of a new skin ;).

Apologies for the early (and unexpected, for me especially) implementation of that skin!!

Nigel, you have a point regarding the sidebar, but putting your thoughts on that aside... think about this... If the same content was at the top, you would have to scroll down 1/4 to 1/2 a page to get the forum content on your screen... if it was at the bottom, it would never get seen, so features would not get utilised, and sponsors would not get the exposure they pay for...

So that leaves Yew with less options, to keep the masses happy...

but... there are still options so that is the good thing about this...

I have no problem with the way it is, but, if I had free reign to make changes this is what I would do... add the search and site navigation to the top, in a locked bar, so it is at the header of the screen at all times, Only have the Welcome, Control & PM fields on the index screen...

Online users I think should be at the footer of the page, as when the site is busy it hogs a fair bit of space... latest discussions, again, index page only...

These are all personal opinions, but overall I dont have a problem the way it is...

I like the fact that our sponsors are more visable now

ok I'll bite - I dont see any advertising/sponsors except on te SCP home page, are they on everybody's side bars in the dscussion forums ?? have I avoided advertising somehow ?? :rolleyes: :B :D

Hi Steve,

You should have the side bar on every page you go to. At the bottom of the side bar is the short cuts to the advertises contact details or web page.

There is no pop ups or anything like that if that’s what you are thinking off.

The side bar looks like this. The collum of windows down the left hand side.

Archived