Female peppermint BN

PHL

I have a pair in a 280L, and everytime they "meet", they have a go at each other (or rather one chases the other off). They usually have their respective logs at each end of the tank, so it's not a problem, but wonder if females are aggressive towards each other, or do I have a pair of young males?

what size are the minties???

I have quite a few in a 4ft tank with plenty of logs, etc, occassionly they have a bit of fun, nudging another one away, but I find this is mainly the males.. and it seems to be just a power/heirachy thing, I have 2 which do it all the time, the others just wait for feeding time...

I had thought they were 4cm, but putting a tape up to them (on the glass), the smaller is 6cm, and the larger 7cm, without tail.

• 2 weeks later...

I had my 2 females in a small tank a year or 2 back now and they did fight (I thought they were a pair) so much so that one of them sustained an injury which in time, healed. They were separated straight away and placed in a bigger tank. The small tank thing was an experiment gone wrong. rolleyes.gif

Archived