Mixing Cichlids

noyd

hmmm...OK.

This was discussed a little on the PCS. Upon investigation, I could only find text that listed Peacocks as Hap's, this disapointed me B'coz I was sure that some Aulonocara lived among the Rocks like an Mbuna. Oh Well.

Here is the last entry in the post from the PCS.

Whatever you do don't rush!

Mbuna are such a diverse group of fish that you really need to spend a little time reading and reserching the fish that are available to us here in Aus. Otherwise you risk getting something that is not up to scratch, quality-wize, or wanting something else that you have seen.

Just to clarify. Mbuna, a native term, are the rock-dwelling Cichlids from Lake Malawi. So there are a lot to choose from; Pseudotropheus, Labidochromis, Metriaclima/Maylandia(?), Cynotilapia, Labeotropheus, Melanochromis, Tropheops...not sure if there are others(I may have some of them wrong too). Some Aulonocara are also rock-dwelling and must be considered as well, IMO.

As you can see there are a lot of fish that fit that group.

HTH

btw I have a question not related to this topic...

whats the best way to clean the gravel? (I have this gravel cleaner that "siphons dirt ouf of gravel bed") but its complicated and messy, I guess thats why it was cheap.

and is sand easier to keep then gravel? maintenance, and does it work well with a UGF?

cheers

Archived