Availability of Fish is Australia

salty72

Often you will see some photos of fish posted , but really do you find out where they come from other than " I got mine from Sydney" or " A friend brought them back from QLD for me"  

And well this is one of those times, I saw a lovely photo of an Albino Threadfin Acara (Acarichthys heckelii) and love them and want them....

So question is Where can I buy them from 

*also if this is the wrong folder please advise 

File Photo images.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, salty72 said:

Often you will see some photos of fish posted , but really do you find out where they come from other than " I got mine from Sydney" or " A friend brought them back from QLD for me"  

And well this is one of those times, I saw a lovely photo of an Albino Threadfin Acara (Acarichthys heckelii) and love them and want them....

So question is Where can I buy them from 

*also if this is the wrong folder please advise 

I saw a lot of posts online about these a few of months ago, seems like there was a flood of them hitting the market in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney at the same time.  They might have been on one of the wholesale lists at the time too but they don't seem to be on the AI or Premier Pet (Bayfish) lists now.  I did see a tank of them in Sydney in February but I can't remember which store. 

MJ at Canberra Aquatics is pretty good at keeping an eye out for specific fish on wholesale lists.  Gem or Canberra Marine would probably do the same.

2 hours ago, Canberra Alex said:

glad to see your still kicking around BTW

G'day Alex, I only just got a decent size tank again recently.  I might poke my nose in at a CDAS meeting when they kick off again.

@ skippy - would be good to put a face to a name... See you at CDAS soon....
and all Thanks for the INFO - I have tried the local haunts.. as luck would have it I have two on  hold at FIN-VISON , here's hoping they are not the same sex … but would love more .!!! 

Ill post photos when I get them 

• 2 weeks later...

We picked up 8 from our LFS about a month ago, they are only about 4-5cm, they were $25 each. We are in Wollongong, I noticed another LFS had some the other day too, but I think they were asking more, maybe ask LFS if they can order some in for you? We are on the hunt for some albinos next, but I think I have just bought too many tangs and now we have ran out of tanks 😄

Lisa.