Brag

Andrew

Hi guys & gals,

I was strolling up my nearest main road the other day and happened upon a shop which seems to have a few special fishies in it. I looked in one tank and I saw something I have wanted my whole life - Distochodus sexfasciatus. It is one of the larger African Characins - bright orange, with six vertical black bars and bright red fins. Looks very yummy in my tank!

I figured it would be a lot more than it was, so when the shop owner told me the price, I snapped it up. Never seen this fish available before and don't think I will again!

At the moment, it's about 10cm, but can grow to 80cm. I think I'll be investing in a bigger tank!

Anyway, that's all for now.

Andrew.

Hey mate, yeah - very long time! I'll be around a fair bit more now, I think. Got more time on my hands!

Yeah, that fish is something very special. Funnily enough - I was worried about my Cichlids picking on it - but it's the other way around! The blinkin' thing is king of my tank in less than a week! :lol4:

Hi guys & gals,

I was strolling up my nearest main road the other day and happened upon a shop which seems to have a few special fishies in it.

Good find you do not see them very often :thumbup:

I had two some time back got them at about the same size you did 10cm but they started fighting at about 17cm.So sold one that was about 13yrs ago do not remember what I did with the other one :confused:

Hey pm me with the LSF name as I like looking at new shops that keep odd fish from time to time.

thx

Rat

• 4 weeks later...

You guys do realise you CAN name shops? :lol2:

We just don't allow unfounded negative remarks which name shops and don't allow shops to commercially advertise unless they support the forum.

If you see a bargain, or have a good experience at a shop, please tell us ;)

• 4 weeks later...

They are quite aggressive....mine was in with my aframericasians, but he is now with some very large batchelor fronties, fossies and a nasty V. hartwegi. Mostly chasing and fin-nipping...nothing serious. They have more of a "beak" than a typical fish mouth.

Andrea :)

• 4 weeks later...

i friend bought them around 6-8cm for $220 each....!!!!

cheers :thumbup:

i friend bought them around 6-8cm for $220 each....!!!!

cheers :thumbup:

Archived