Cyprichromis Leptosoma...

LexyBoi

So I'm 14 years old and have been breeding some ngara flametails for some time now and when I sell my colony with the juvies I was thinking of buying some Cyprichromis Leptosoma, but I did not know which ones then I picked utinta's 1917bd2ee542bc649bf16877cdc5821f.jpg

But I'm going to get them in the next three months from Germany through Paul at Morley, WA, but now I'm rethinking me decision and don't know what to pick, the utinta's would be around $70 each and I'm buying 4 male,4 female! But I'm unsure if I want utinta's or something else please recommend what you guys like colour wise and list the average price they are from Germany! Cheers...

9c00505d801fed77367745ce3c842e9c.jpge7602896fabfb098b5b636390d7f05bf.jpg [emoji115] some blue orchid!

06a97ee8460c693e14a97a7383e9c022.jpgacddae4fee92fecd6900aa2ab25ec635.jpg2c750aaae50e3cba23bd8ae0cf5ac017.jpg

[emoji115] some type of jumbo/OB type cyp?

2cdf44f722a9d8418e3a844ed70d9c55.jpg [emoji115] blue orchid... Green/mint finnage?

Leptos are awesome fish bit can be a little sensitive especially the jumbo's. I would save your cash and perhaps try locally breed utinta or malasa. You should be able to grab them for around $15 each from a breeder. Although I have no idea where you are in relation to Perth so it might not be as easy as that.

Unless you have a 6x2x2 or bigger you should stock to the non jumbos so malasa or utinta. The others need really big tanks.

Cheers

Rosco

From memory Lexyboi has a three or a four foot tank and a fry grow out tank. He Dad has a 6ft tank though.

Unless you now have access to your Dad's tank then I agree with Rosco and suggest that you start with C leptosoma "Utinta" or "Malasa".

The best option is to find a local breeder as you would be looking at around the $15 dollar mark. If you can't find a local breeder then start with tank raised fish from an importer. Even then they shoul be around $25-$30 depending on size.

From memory Lexyboi has a three or a four foot tank and a fry grow out tank. He Dad has a 6ft tank though.

Unless you now have access to your Dad's tank then I agree with Rosco and suggest that you start with C leptosoma "Utinta" or "Malasa".

The best option is to find a local breeder as you would be looking at around the $15 dollar mark. If you can't find a local breeder then start with tank raised fish from an importer. Even then they shoul be around $25-$30 depending on size.

Ged you remembered that wow man impressive! I have a 30 gallon, a fry tank, a 5.something footer and we just got a 4 foot I think I'll go with the utinta's from Germany they are tank raised! Unless I could get jumbo's in my 30 I don't think so! My 30 gallon is wide and high https://vimeo.com/136358818 I'm going to get rid of the limestone and get a small layer of sand and get some seriyu Rock in there! It'll be real nice! The vid shows the 4 footer, we need to make a new cabinet the person we bought it off hadn't taken care of it! But I'll move my German flametail colony on soon! There is a good 3 seconds of him in the vid haha!

Archived