fish importers in sydney

frontoes

The biggest problem is getting bulk buys from enough people.

The higher the price gets, the smaller bulk buys will likely occur,,,,,, which is where a Wishlist is created,,, once the minimum limit is reached the buy happens,,, but we  then run into a secondary issue, waiting for so long, the avaliabilty of some fish change, as the fish are on offer to the world.

A respectable order size is based on respect for Germany, but new import laws posing heftier costs on top makes the circumstance blow out.

On a different note, when you pay $78 per fish as a example,,, you'd then times that by x12 you don't order 3, it's more respectable to say 10-12 pieces, but ordering very expensive (usually older larger specimens) the total minimum of pieces would be less.

So it all adds up very fast, I mean fast,,, I can't imagine more pressures on top of that again and succeeding long term,,, someone in power with a different frame of mind can change this....    but maybe some clever people can sort this jazz out !!

Hey buc have you ever thought of brining in someone to help with your fish room ( I use the term room loosely as I think it's more a fish house ) ??

I mean I can imagine you would have barley enough time to scratch your butt let alone raise fry. I'm sure you could find someone pretty trust worthy and know what they're doing on PCS you could just give them some of the fry as a thanks for helping. I dunno I'm just throwing ideas out as I know you have quite the list of rare cichlids and would be nice seeing them thriving innoz

I live semi-rural,,,, it's a balanced economical system,,, and the bio-load is extreme,, it took me so many years to know what and how/amounts of food to feed each specie variant,,, wrong pellets, overfeeding would drastically occur,, The bioload is so heavy that someone else's feeding efforts could send the whole system haywire.

Buts taking fry, growing and rearing processes, putting together large orders then delivering taking a whole day, and every other weekend boxing up fish and shipping interstate....   it's actually a pretty thankless exercise considering profits,, (keeping in mind a large smooth running operation of specie generation requires heightened skill for a respectful and realistic sustainable future).

I simply still do stingrays because the efforts are worth while,, good dollars and Rays are easy as.

my system is fully automated and it's a breeze to keep,,, admitting it takes 1.5 hours to feed the entire breedroom super flat out fast.

Im also involved in aquaponic native fish sales,, so these and the Rays pay for the high power bills and costs plus a bit more.

I'm just staying neutral and keeping my mind open for a while.

There is a significant benefit I can see to higher price legitimate imports. And that is demand for sales of the next generation. 

When I tried my hand at a few new species off an importer what I found was that while my wild caught colonies were exceptional fish - selling fry was not easy. The reason being that when I bought my small colony so did a dozen other people. And on top of that number of people "competing" - buyers knew that if they wanted that species they could always pick it up from another shipment. 

Meanwhile when I grabbed "new" species that showed up through - let's say mislabeling at the importer - demand was always much higher. Because even though I never had the first batch or even the first generation - people with a wishlist were never confident the species would show up again. 

So if people bring in new species or varients - or new blood for colonies that are struggling - they might be rewarded for that. auratus probably won't qualify for that haha. 

Yes,, my thinking is in the same realms.

No more imports added to dying interest sees things worsening.

But a new respect (new generation fishos) for higher prices will keep the new low level of interest more modest and stable and most importantly continual,,,,  from this,,,,, perfection and quality should increase which may fuel the hobby a tiny winy bit more.

So instead of a new specie in oz being popular and famous for a short time then bomb out fast,,, the person who obtained the fish can run the honeymoon period of the new fish to oz a lot longer.

What many people fail to see,, is that this all creates a more solid drive for the little hand full of determined people in oz to keep producing (the heart of general popularity).

Many people live their lives never thinking of their heart,, the heart gets abused and trashed then leads to health problems in the long run,,,,,, lol,, a similar thing happens to big and medium breeders of oz,,,,,,   For any of this to work, the generators (hearts) of oz needs looking after.

simples.

Archived