Prime

tricky

I just bought a 500ml bottle of prime and noticed it doesnt have that usual strong smell when i opened it. The bottle was sealed and bought from what i believed to be a reputable dealer??. I was able to give the bottle a good sniff which i would never do previously with prime, usually when i just open the bottle the smell wafts up and is quite strong. Any one know if the formulas changed at all? The bottle prior to this had the usual strong smell and that was bought about 6 months ago from a different supplier.

Prime has a sulphur smell but gets worse when there is air in the bottle, if it had the safety seal on the bottle i wouldnt be concerned

U can also email seachem if u are worried they have good technical support

Thanks Jim, was a bit concerned because i have been using prime for a while and im use to that strong sulphur smell. This has a different and much weaker smell. It just didnt smell right and I didnt want to use it just in case.

Prime has a sulphur smell but gets worse when there is air in the bottle, if it had the safety seal on the bottle i wouldnt be concerned

U can also email seachem if u are worried they have good technical support

Just for interest sake, i stopped using PRIME about a year ago because of the price with no ill effects at all.

I now buy a much cheaper water ager that removes the chlorine from tap water, and anything else is a bonus, as i haven't noticed the benefits from all the "extras" PRIME is supposed to deliver.

Just for interest sake, i stopped using PRIME about a year ago because of the price with no ill effects at all.

I now buy a much cheaper water ager that removes the chlorine from tap water, and anything else is a bonus, as i haven't noticed the benefits from all the "extras" PRIME is supposed to deliver.

What brand do you buy? What about chloramine?

The brand i use is sold in BIGW and sells for $7 for a 500 ml. bottle.

It says that it removes,"harmful chlorine and chloramine from tap water"

It doesn't have slimecoat protection and the other things that Prime says it has, but i haven't noticed any difference in the fish since switching to this.

And even though Prime is much more concentrated, at $7 a bottle, who cares and it doesn't hurt the wallet as much when it comes time to buy a new one.

Archived