new fishroom

milky

Hey,

heres a few pics of our new fishroom its still got a bit more work to go but i thought id post them anyway

IPB Image

this is the completed half of the breeders system around 5000L

IPB Image

2 of the fry systems (1 to go) 3 more 1000L tubs to be added

IPB Image

this is the completed fry system with 2x1000L tubs it holds approx 3000L

IPB Image

a few fry

IPB Image

and this is the rest of the breeders wall, still need a few more tanks before it gets set up.

IPB Image

thanks for looking

thanks guys, ill update this post as it comes together. it has taken 3 months to get this far with 2 of us working on it in our spare time aswell as being employed elsewhere full time..

the 4 foot stands are made from 40mm box tubing that is 2mm thick which is a bit overkill but oh well better to be safe than sorry and the 8 foot stands are made from 50mm box tubing thats 3mm thick overkill again. but yeah

thanks again for the comments.

Nice work, looks like lots of work there for you once its all up and running. Have you insulated the shed at all? I know you don't get really cold winters up there, but the summers are hot.

nah no insulation.. the warehouse is actually quite cool at the moment its 35 outside but around 27-28 inside and the tanks are sitting on 26. the people next door say that theyre warehouse is warm through winter but ill just have to wait and see how it goes. if it gets cold i will probably just use an oil heater.

thanks for the nice comments guys! and i will keep you all posted on the progress.

parkesg- you are right the answers to your question are yes and yes there are around 300 fry in each tub and when it comes time for a waterchange i just empty out a third of each tub and that is plenty..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived