5x2x2 going together

Tunnel Rat

Sounds good, you owe me a pic and I owe you a better shot of the CC FL moonlight effect ;)

Here is the sump.

Its up and running but still needs the second pump added for the BFB filter .I used 5L of Matrix as I had the room. I have got one 2217 running but when I was cleaning up the second one I broke the ceramic shaft :angry:

Something weired has happend When I filled the tank up the water was real clear for two days but just came home from work & now the water is all milky :confused:

All I did last night was add prime to the tank and set up one of the 2217 I washed the new EHFI MECH (ceramic noddles) out well the rest is just the Eheim blue foam and filter sheeting so can not see that being the problem.The only other thing in the tank is gravel & bush rock all washed well and where not a problem for two days unless they started to dissolve ?

IPB Image

cya

Rat

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Rat, looks good.

On the milky water thing, I found the same thing happen to me after adding some Prime to my tank early in the piece. It went away after a couple of days but I believe that it (the Prime) was the cause, don't ask me why though ;)

Could the milky thing be a heterotrophic (sp? term correct?) bloom?

Had it happen a few times and it just comes down to a bacterial bloom that happens in new tanks sometimes. Worst one ever was when I didn't clean the tank after touching the inside with sweaty arms after lugging it up four flights of stairs on a 40C day, let alone what crud must have been in it from the maker and warehouse.

It goes away pretty quick if you don't add anything that it could use for a nutrient. If you use any kind of new-tank prep (Stresszyme, etc) then it can last a week or few, or longer if there are livestock and feeding is occurring.

Cheers - OziOscar.

Quote:

"This is a bit anal but I spent most of last night tuning in my heaters I got them to the temp I wonted then got the timings closer to each other. So now the fist heater clicks in then 4 seconds after the second one clicks in they click off any where from 4-12 seconds apart that will do me a lot of time wasted but now one heater is not doing more work then the other"

Wow, 4-12 seconds consistent calibration, now I wonder if the chinese heaters on the market can do that ? I suspect you must be using Jaeger heaters, I doubt any other heater would give you this level of accuracy.

Quote:

"This is a bit anal but I spent most of last night tuning in my heaters I got them to the temp I wonted then got the timings closer to each other. So now the fist heater clicks in then 4 seconds after the second one clicks in they click off any where from 4-12 seconds apart that will do me a lot of time wasted but now one heater is not doing more work then the other"

Wow, 4-12 seconds consistent calibration, now I wonder if the chinese heaters on the market can do that ? I suspect you must be using Jaeger heaters, I doubt any other heater would give you this level of accuracy.

Sorry for the late reply working long hrs trying to get some money back after all that I have spent on this tank :(

Daniel yes they are two 300W jagers :thumb

They have shifted a bit but still both come on with in 10 seconds of each other.

Just made a stand pipe for the weir sick of the sucking noise it was making added a prefilter to it as well will add some pics of it soon.

Still waiting for the pump to come for the FBF. Have had a big prawn in the tank now for a week the ammonia has just started to come up god the hole house stinks no visitors for now.

cya

Rat

Hi people

This tank has taken about 3 weeks to spike :( .Why so long I do not know I had a big king prawn & small fish fillet in there it may have taken longer because of the amount of water :confused:

It stunk the whole house out for a week or so then when the smell started to go the nitrite started to spike.

I added some Matrix & filter wool to the sump from my established tank now just waiting for the fall in nitrite sick of waiting just want to put my fish in there new bigger home.

Have not done much to the tank (because it stinks)I did make a stand pipe for a few reasons the noise of the water going over the overflow, the sucking noise it was making & to fit a pre-filter.

I made it all from pvc & adjusted the water hight in the weir with a small hole drilled in the top of the end cap as I wanted it about 2" below the weir over flow.It's up & running and all going good so far ;)

IPB Image

IPB Image

Rat

ps Ventralis no come back for my last post the boys are right you are getting soft :p

• 2 weeks later...

hope you made that prefilter bit easy to remove & change

Can't wait for pics of the tank in action :8

The hole lot just pulls out it's a piece of cake to change.

OK just added three fish it's all up and running finally :clap

Happy with the way it turned out the only things that you can see are the spray-bar along the top & one 2217 return outlet (will remove it soon).

The rock on the right has a big cave under it hard to see in the shot & the log on the left has a lot of hiding places at the base as well.

Hope you all enjoyed the hole set up thread thanks for coming :thumbup: C&C welcome

IPB Image

thx

Rat

Looks great Rat!

Is this the tank you were thinking of adding the moon lighting to?

Yes this is the tank moon + red nocturnal.Moon light 5 mins before lights out & on staying on 1hr after lights out then two red nocturnal LED spot lights on 5 mins before moon light goes out for 1hr.

Very impressive :clap

Can't wait to see it full of fish :8

[toufic]

Only two more fish to go in there then it's full ;)

I have a small Endi (Bichir) that still needs a little more size before he can go in and I have a RTG ready & waiting I will give it two more weeks with these three pigs in there then add the RTG.

Thanks for all the comments its now at the stage that I can finally sit back & enjoy it :p Well thats once I make the moon/nocturnal light,replace the water storage pump with a 9000L/H pump from the 2000L/H one that takes sooooooo long and Fit the FBF filter.Then I can sit back and enjoy.

thx

Rat

Yes this is the tank moon + red nocturnal.Moon light 5 mins before lights out & on staying on 1hr after lights out then two red nocturnal LED spot lights on 5 mins before moon light goes out for 1hr.

You will have to get some pics of the moon and red lighting. I love the moon light effect, and it's great to be able to watch the fish for that little bit longer of a night.

Did you use LEDs for CCFL for the moon lights?

Hi Garth,

HTH...

What's the little thing in the top right corner? A video camera? :p

Thats not a bad idea with the hydor flo I could cover it with silicon then pour gravel all over it good thinking 99. What I have done with the flo is removed the inside's of it all the mechanics of it and glued it up so it does not rotate. For those that do not know what the hydor flo is it's a rotating water deflector it flows the water out at a rotating 360-deg but I turned it into a manual outlet.

Hi Garth,

HTH...

Thats not a bad idea with the hydor flo I could cover it with silicon then pour gravel all over it good thinking 99. What I have done with the flo is removed the inside's of it all the mechanics of it and glued it up so it does not rotate. For those that do not know what the hydor flo is it's a rotating water deflector it flows the water out at a rotating 360-deg but I turned it into a manual outlet.

whoops :B

HTH?? Had To Help??

-Garth

You will have to get some pics of the moon and red lighting. I love the moon light effect, and it's great to be able to watch the fish for that little bit longer of a night.

Did you use LEDs for CCFL for the moon lights?

Joh

I have only ordered the parts for the moon light so far still waiting for them have ordered 2x CCFL blue for the moon light & 2 x red LED spot lights for the nocturnal.Do you think all these could be run on the same Nokia 5.3V 500mA plug ?

That looks great! :clap

-Garth

Yep Jon is right a hydor flo it's coming out as soon as I can find a replacement outlet nozzle that is not so big.The white thing in the same conner is a Mag-float magnet cleaner.

cya

Rat

Archived