New 5X2X2 Malawi Hap/Peacock

z18turbo

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone.

myster619; the Bucco came from someone on gumtree here in Melbourne. I have found that it is a really good place to find fish.

Cheers,

Jarrod

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Jarrod,

awesome tank and fish!! I must ask where you are getting these great quality fish because, to be honest, not many shops in Melb sell nice Africans unfortunately. I've been out of the hobby for a while and have not seen any nice Acei like the ones you have for a while.

Cheers

Arj

Hi Kales,

The fish in the photo is a Nimbochromis polystigma, very close to the livingstonii especially at this age. When I move house in a few months and get my cameras out of storage I will get a more recent photo up as he is now about 12cm and starting to show some colour.

Hi Chilli Powder,

The Acei Tanzanian Black came from Keysborough Aquarium as did a few of the fish including the male Rostratus, the blue Acei came from Rayonne Aquarium who still had some of the same batch last time I was in there a couple of weeks ago. Other fish in the tank have come from TVS in Hallam, Hifinn in Blackburn rd and Evalife in Frankston as well as Gumtree. I am lucky that my son loves to go to aquariums and so I am able to get around them quite regularly without pressure being hassled by the other half and I just keep my eyes open for nice fish. This tank has taken nearly 8 months to stock and i got lucky with the way some of the males have developed. They also get fed NLS and Hikari as well as having weekly 50% water changes which I think has really helped.

Cheers,

Jarrod

Hi Jarrod,

The tank and fish are looking amazing. I know all of those stores. I'm glad those Acei are still around. I had them when they first came in and after a few years, the ones for sale didn't really have the purple sheen on their body and the yellow in the tail was very pale. So, I'm glad that quality fish are still around.

If you are on facebook, lookup EDAS (Easter Districts Aquarium Society)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/EDAS-Eastern-Districts-Aquarium-Society/204497592928683?ref=hl

Cheers

Arj

Archived