Dovii.. Here Is My Pair.. What Do You Think.?

texdal

Hi there guys, Sorry to everyone that replied to the last post, I stuffed up and it was removed..( sorry guys).

Just interested as to how many of you guys are interested in these fish and how many of you keep them. I have a breeding pair and hundreds of little babys at the moment, and i think they are an awsome fish to have.. I don't know of many people that keep these types of fish and would love to hear your thoughts..

Thanks guys..here is a pic of my pair.. IPB Image

Mate, if you want to use my pic, at least ask for permission.

Sorry that you didn't like me using it, it's the best picture we had of them..I didn't realise what was going on at first, then i realised you must have been the person we bought them off.. i can change the pic if you like.it's really not a problem.. yeah they did breed.. they are an awsome pair.. love them to bits. Sorry mate, didn't mean to offend..

Huh? They aren't his fish???

They are bloody nice whoever's they are! Top pair, looking happy and healthy! Any luck breeding??

Cheers,

Pete.

Yeah, there my fish, it was a little misunderstanding is all.. Phenomena owned them before i did and he did a great job with them.. We just got a batch of babys from them a few weeks ago, there are hundreds of them, still all very tiny but just starting to look like real little fish.. here is a pic of mum and babys.. Picture quality isn't as good as the other one, sorry.

IPB Image

Mate, if you want to use my pic, at least ask for permission.

Sorry that you didn't like me using it, it's the best picture we had of them..I didn't realise what was going on at first, then i realised you must have been the person we bought them off.. i can change the pic if you like.it's really not a problem.. yeah they did breed.. they are an awsome pair.. love them to bits. Sorry mate, didn't mean to offend..

Just to clarify, texdal has my permission now to use the pic.

Good to see them spawned. All the best with the fry. :thumbup:

i reckon doviis are awesome, i'd love to get some but they are pretty hard to come by near me,

also i have heard them being reffered to as tank busters have you had any problems in this department?

Before they started to breed we had them in a 6x2x2 with other fish, ie: 1 giant gourami, 2 flower horns and 3 oscars and we didn't really have any problems with the mix,, but as soon as they were ready to breed it was a case of get the other fish out or they probably would have been killed. We had to buy another tank for the rest. I'm still not 100% sure exactly what the term "Tank Buster" means to the big league cichlid keepers, but with my understanding of it, My Dovii have sure earned that title..My male has gone a little nuts with the babys in there, they are sooo protective of there babys that i'm sure if our tank didn't have 10mm glass he would have busted through it by now to keep us away from them.. We love them to bits though, they are the most amazing fish we have ever kept..

so you wouldn't put one in a std 6' with 6mm glass?

definatley not a full grown pair. depending on the size you get the fish at it would be ok for a while but even a full grown female dovii is about as long as a standard tank is wide.. My personal opinion is if you were to get a young female a std 6 tank would be fine for a while but you may need to upgrade eventually. I have found that the females aren't as aggressive as the males so it's not as important with glass thickness..

theres a small number of them available locally at the moment, I wish I had the tank space.

One day :roll:lol2:

Archived