Osphronemus laticlavius - Giant Red Tail Gourami

Ged

Since visiting Andrew at Labrynth I have rekindled my love of fish photography.

I spent last week down in Canberra and made the most of being away. I attended the CDAS meeting and had a great chat to Rosco, Laurie and Alex. Congratulations on a great club that if the AGM was any indication it is in very good hands and will grow from strength to strength.

I went over and spent a couple of hours with Rosco the following night pouring over each tank in turn and discussing each breeding colony, individual fish and the highs and lows of keeping fish.

I went and visited Redtree Aquarium and spent time looking at the store and what gems were lurking in each rack, I have to say that I was really impressed with the layout, the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the fish.

You are probably wondering what this has to do with the Photography forum and Osphronemus laticlavius - Giant Red Tail Gourami. Well I go to the last tank only to find this beautiful giant swimming gracefully in an enormous tank.

giantgourami20-1.jpg

giantgourami10.jpg

Camera settings were

Aperture: F5.6

Shutter Speed: 1/60

ISO: 400

Metering: Spot

I contemplated cloning out the air bubble but love the affect and I even love the larger air bubbles that have developed the bell shape as they rise to the surface.

Ged

Archived