Tupong / Freshwater Flathead

YAL05T

Hi all, as plenty of the guys who frequent this area (tank busters) have a few natives in their collections does anyone know of the availability of tupong or freshwater flathead as they are sometimes know, have a bloke searching for one but cant find them available through any lfs.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Brett

Hi Brett,

I managed to get a small 5cm one from petstore at Birkenhead pt...survived well in a species tank, readily accepted bloodworms and the like, over winter. Once the temp's started to go up however that's when sh*t happens. Being a small tank, water gets warm quick even with air conditioning. Maybe 2wks of constant high 20's early 30's, that's all it took to put it over the line.

Could be just the one I had, but I found it to be very sensitive to warm temps.

Rgds, Michael

Hi all, as plenty of the guys who frequent this area (tank busters) have a few natives in their collections does anyone know of the availability of tupong or freshwater flathead as they are sometimes know, have a bloke searching for one but cant find them available through any lfs.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Brett

Thanks Michael, now that I know they can be had we just have to track one down for him.

Thanks for the info too, I will pass it all on.

Cheers,

Brett.

Archived