allowable imports malawi

intangcity

Hi guys im getting mixed responses on whats allowed and what not.does anyone here besides the importers know exactly what species can be imported.i dont want to harass the importers with ...can this legal.is this legal can i get these.but then again maybe they could participate too.

All i would like is a complete list.

Please no silly answers like all we can get is aulonocara.

Intangcity here is a list of all the cichlids that are currently on the live import list. If you want me to go back and identify the Malawi cichlids let me know.

Taxon Common Name
Aequidens pulcher Blue Acara
Apistogramma spp. Dwarf Cichlid
Astronotus ocellatus Oscar
Aulonocara nyassae of minimum length 5 cm SL African Peacock Cichlid, Emperor Cichlid
Aulonocara spp. African Cichlids

Only bridles morph Chalinochromis brichardi of minimum length 5 cm SL Lake Tanganyika Cichlid
Chalinochromis spp. Lake Tanganyika Cichlids
Chilotilapia rhoadesii of minimum length 5 cm SL Rhoadesii Cichlid, Bream
Cleithracara maronii Keyhole Cichlid
Cyathopharynx furcifer Featherfin Cichlid, Thread Fin Furcifer
Cyphotilapia frontosa of minimum length 12 cm SL Frontosa, Humphead Cichlid
Cyrtocara moorii Lake Malawi Cichlid
Danio albolineatus Pearl Danio
Dicrossus filamentosus Checkerboard Lyretail, Checkerboard Cichlid, Chessboard Cichlid
Dicrossus maculatus of minimum length 5 cm SL Checkerboard Cichlid
Eretmodus cyanostictus Dwarf Goby Cichlid, Tanganyika Clown Cichlid
Gnathochromis permaxillaris African Cichlid
Hypsophrys nicaraguensis of minimum length 5 cm SL Nicaraguan Cichlid, Moga
Iodotropheus sprengerae African Cichlid, Rusty Cichlid
Julidochromis spp. Dwarf Cichlid
Laetacara curviceps Curviceps, Flag Acara
Laetacara dorsigera Redbreast Acara, Smiling Acara
Lamprologus ocellatus of minimum length 5 cm SL Gold African Cichlid, Gold Ocellatus
Only non-Albino form of Mesonauta festivus Festivum, Flag Cichlid
Mikrogeophagus altispinosus Bolivian Butterfly Cichlid
Mikrogeophagus ramirezi Ram Cichlid
Nannacara anomala Golden Dwarf Acara, Goldeneye Cichlid
Nannacara aureocephalus Golden Head Cichlid
Nannacara taenia Dwarf Lattice Cichlid
Neolamprologus brichardi Princess of Burundi
Neolamprologus cylindricus Tanganyikan Cichlid
"Only yellow morph of Neolamprologus leleupi of minimum
length 5cm SL" Lemon Cichlid
Neolamprologus meeli of minimum length 5 cm SL African Cichlid
Neolamprologus mustax of minimum length 5 cm SL Mustax, Mask Lamprolagus
Ophthalmotilapia spp. Blacknosed Threadfin Cichlid
Osteochilus vittatus Bony Lipped Barb, Silver Sharkminnow
Pelvicachromis pulcher Rainbow Kribensis
Pelvicachromis subocellatus Eye-spot Kribensis, Eye-spot Cichlid
Pelvicachromis taeniatus Striped Kribensis, Nigerian Cichlid
Petrochromis trewavasae of minimum length 5 cm SL Texas Cichlid, White Spotted Peerchromis, Threadfin Cichlid
Spathodus erythrodon Blue Spotted Goby Cichlid
Symphysodon spp. Discus
Tanganicodus irsacae Goby Cichlid, Spotfin Goby Cichlid
Tropheus spp. of minimum length 3 cm SL African Cichlids

The list can be found here.

https://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2015C00553/542f84af-c4fa-4b54-a725-fb719475bcf4

Ged

lol thanks Ged but was after malawi only, surely theres more allowable malawi then whats offered on the import list provided by importers im basically looking for species list

aulonocara

cyrtocara

lodotropheus

etc

etc

etc

etc

etc

lol thanks Ged but was after malawi only, surely theres more allowable malawi then whats offered on the import list provided by importers im basically looking for species list

aulonocara

cyrtocara

lodotropheus

etc

etc

etc

etc

etc

Aulonocara spp., means all species in the Aulonocara genus can be imported. Other than Peacocks, Blue Dolphins, Auratus, Rusty Cichlids, Simulans and Rhoedesii there's really not much else than can be legally imported. Cheers

cool thanks.such a shame though dissapointing for the hobby as we all know.ive been looking at getting a few fresh bloods in though hard to pick through.i know some cracker blue dolphins are down south rusty colony in queensland i know theres a couple of good rhoedesii floating around some wc ones too.wish there was more we could do for the hobby.i know there is but little time left before d day and it takes too long for the process and costly too.would of been gd to learn from Norm and the rest of the gang as to what is the best way to go about the process after all they took the step and made the effort but now any chance we have is lost.all we can do is not xbreed and keep any gd blood we have without destroying it

I have very good german bloodline dolphins. (Fish for sale are not German imports- but F's) Can send you some pics or you can have a look at the QLDAF trader - I've got pics on there. Cheers

thanks mate but ive kept those before if i wanted some i can quite easily get some of the ones from melbourne through my fav shop in sydney.ive been breeding for about 14 years now and had dolphins quite a few times.any imports that im looking at getting are going to be mainstays.ie those fish that i buy and never get rid of ive got a few malawi and tangs already in this category but looking at getting something different thats not seen that often or something that we see but dissapears reguarly and then returns like tinanti or lionheads and alike.

cool thanks.such a shame though dissapointing for the hobby as we all know.ive been looking at getting a few fresh bloods in though hard to pick through.i know some cracker blue dolphins are down south rusty colony in queensland i know theres a couple of good rhoedesii floating around some wc ones too.wish there was more we could do for the hobby.i know there is but little time left before d day and it takes too long for the process and costly too.would of been gd to learn from Norm and the rest of the gang as to what is the best way to go about the process after all they took the step and made the effort but now any chance we have is lost.all we can do is not xbreed and keep any gd blood we have without destroying it

I am not sure if it still happens but in the past non importable fish entered Oz.

I guess you have to know the right people [eg a pilot] or people in the aquarium game. I was told by an ex aquarium owner how illegal imports can be brought in.

If Johnny Depp can bring in dogs on his private plane, what else can be brought in undetected?

Archived