Tankmate suggestions

killerhusky

How about Maingano (Melanochromis Cyaneorbdos) if you like blue color? I know Crimson tides is pretty aggressive. Will you be breeding them or just display? I would like to suggest Saulosi but they might inter-breeding with electric Yellow..may be. Thanks

any of them can be ok as long as you have the right numbers. What are the male female ratio of m your current fish? Also do a google search on overstocking mbuna. Even though your CT are from lake vic, as long as you keep your params stable it wont be an issue of mixing lakes. ( i might get shot by the purists). In saying that make sure when you are shopping for fish you try and get lots of females. Thats why i would suggest more of the fish that have the same colour m/f such as maingano, rusties, or even try saulosi who have blue males and yellow females. ( be careful with saulosi as they all start yellow the when they get older change in to their sex).

And yes Lab Hongi will get in there also

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Im pretty sure their females because the guy at the store vented them for me. Also I have decided to purchase 4 mainganoes because I got a good deal on them. There are 2 females and 2 males, would you suggest getting maybe 2 more females to reduce any potential aggression or would adding more cichlids from different species spread any aggression out.

Archived