Labidochromis Nkali

J1mmy

hi all,

does anyone have any information on this fish?

i have seen them at my LFS and i want them. I just am struggling to find definitive answers surfing the net.

How big do they get?

are they the same temperament of yellows or more towards Hongi?

will they fit in a 300L aquarium with 2 small colonies of Pulpican and Interuptus. or will the be bullied too much?

any info would be great and if anyone has any juve's for sale please let me know.

thanks

J1mmy

small like yellows, peaceful temperament. will fit fine in a 300L but they will get smashed by the pulpicans and interuptus.

they can be difficult to keep eating. prone to waste/bloat. i found my old colony quiet touchy. great fish though, definitely worth setting up a new tank for them :happy:

damn i am noticing anything that I do like is either to peaceful or too big and aggressive...

I will find a fish that fits with these two i swear!

I fine my nkhali are pretty much like my yellows. Maybe the breed a little less often? I house them with peacocks.

My dominant male is pushing up to more than 4 inches now. He can be nasty and I an not adding new fish in his colony I'm starting a new one.

thanks for everyones advice.

i think that i should pick a fish that is less likely to be bullied in my tank.

i need to get myself a second tank to have a colony of these in, they are beautiful fish

• 1 month later...

Archived