Tank Revamp

batche81

There is so much that you could put in that, what fish interest you?

Perhaps a colony of shell dwellers, or a community based tank of sorts decked out with plants and driftwood creations? :thumb

Go a pair of dovii. :thumbup:

Bad advice :shock::blink How can a pair of Dovii live in a 3 footer?

batche81: I always decide what fish first then the decor. Not the other way around. Your set up can nicely keep small Tanganyikan colony, such as: Altolamprologus, Callochromis (but they need sand), etc.

To me that tank screams tang rock dwellers cave spawners like maybe lelelupi,Juidochromis regani or brichardi (I am surprised Yew didn't suggest that :lol2: ). Maybe a pair of smaller variety of Alto's. Calvus might get too grumpy in a small space. I have lost 3 females because the dominant males pushed them out of the tank, literally, and they were in tanks 6x2x18 down to 2x18x18, now he is in solitary confinement <_< . I have seen them kept and bred in a 3' tank but I wouldn't recommend it.

I might go with a breeding colany of Red Empress. 1m 5f

i wouldn't :no: They get big and need at least a 4' tank but like more room. Malawi's need at least 4' tanks IMO. You could also have a planted dwarf SA tank like rams or the like.

cheers

rosco

the bigger julies I suspect one breeding pair but from fry I would get a group 6-10 and see who pairs up. I would make up several rock piles to see who pairs up. It might get aggressive in there with 2 breeding pairs however if they have grown up together maybe it would OK.

cheers

rosco

Archived