New Fry savers

TropheusQueen

Hi all,

After weeks of watching these savers come in and get mailed out I finally twisted Matty's arm and bought some for our tanks so that I could finally ditch the ice cream filters (not really ditch they are now our spares <_< ) I love the way they blend into the decor and I can see the growing fry :thumbup: I'm hooked.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

:thumbup::thumbup:

Hi all,

After weeks of watching these savers come in and get mailed out I finally twisted Matty's arm and bought some for our tanks so that I could finally ditch the ice cream filters (not really ditch they are now our spares <_< ) I love the way they blend into the decor and I can see the growing fry :thumbup: I'm hooked.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Aline,

They look cool. Are they the same as the ones from PFF? What T's do you have in that tank and do you go with no substrate for all your T tanks?

Cheers

Shane

You can find all their specs on PFF guys (including pics) :thumbup: They come with sponge and air tube and are made to order to fit the tanks you have.

Ben - three have been donated by PFF for our guessing comp tomorrow so you can see them there.

Shane - All my breeding tanks have no substrate - a decision I fought against for a long time but now adopt wholeheartedly :lol3:

They look really cool Aline. Are you finding that the fry are stressed ,given that they can see potential predators swmming around them? That would be my only reservation when using them. Once I setup a display tank again (hopefully a 6x2x2) in the house I will definitely grab one or 2 as I used to get in so much trouble when I had multiple ice cream containers floating around my display tank.

cheers

rosco

No probs at all Rosco - although the fry in one of those savers are bulus who show no fear even at that size :lol4::lol4: The fry seem to know that they are protected even though they don't understand why :p

Hi Aline,

Any pics of them out of the tanks?

Do they have there own sponge filter?

Hi Ben

Some Fry Saver Pics are available on the website. These show the "No Lip" version.

The ones shown above are of the new "Wide Lip" version. They are suitable for tanks with a rail and glass thickness of upto 40mm. Each size costs $5 more than the versions listed on the website.

We hope to update the shop on the PrettyFancyFish.com website in the next few days. Until then, if you would like to order one of the new "Wide Lip" versions, please order the version that is on the website and place in the notes that you are after the "Wide Lip" version. Please also include the additional $5.

If you prefer you can also email us with any questions.

All the Best

The Team

great FS Aline....i will need to come visit u to pick up some soon!!! :thumbup:

maybe i could come when the Wildcaught Ts arrive??? ;)

Were getting in wildcaughts?! From whom? :lol3:

Heh I think Dave is putting the pressure on that's all!

Archived